- This event has passed.
OpenEd14: achieving the potential of open
November 19, 2014 - November 21, 2014
Open Educational Resources (OER) provide a massive, high quality open content infrastructure on top of which innovative people and organizations are building a new generation of educational models. Methodologically rigorous research is demonstrating that these OER-based models can be extremely effective in reducing the cost of education and improving student learning. Now that this foundation of content, practices, and research has been firmly established, the field is turning increasingly towards broadening the impact of this work.
Keynote addresses and concurrent sessions at OpenEd14 will address the following themes:
- exploiting the synergies between open education and parallel work in the open data, open access, open science, and open source software movements
- models that support the broad adoption and use of open educational resources in primary, secondary, post-secondary, and informal education
- connecting open educational resources to competency based education, prior learning assessment, and alternative pathways to credentials based on OER
- measuring the impact of openness on the cost of education and student success metrics
- libraries and OER
- promoting and evaluating institutional and governmental open policies and strategies
- designing and using new pedagogies that leverage the reuse, revise, remix, and redistribute potential of OER
- democratizing the credentialing process with open badges
- social learning with OER
- improving the quality of research in open education
- innovation at the bleeding edge of openness
The Call for Proposals is now open!